Floor coverings in modern layout are represented by many different substances, many of which resemble natural timber in their own characteristics. The top place among this chic variety is accepted by tiles imitating laminate. It is manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. Due to the abundant selection of textures and colors, such flooring appear spectacular and stylish, and match with any style of room design.
Benefits and disadvantages
The huge demand for floor tiles under laminate is explained not only with their own presentable appearance, but also by a range of advantages. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from traditional ceramics and organic solid wood, so it is often used as the main component for decorating floors.
One of the positive properties of the material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in performance. The coat does not wear off and doesn’t lose its attractiveness even after 50 years;
- safety in program. The boards are resistant to high temperature changes, they do not catch fire;
- neutrality to compound influences. Products aren’t afraid of alkalis and acids;
- high moisture resistance. The substance is impermeable to water, so it’s not a favorable place for the formation of fungus and mold;
- excellent thermal insulating material. Such coatings are suitable for the machine”warm floor”, as they contain clay, which in elevated temperature is able to conduct heat well;
aesthetics. In look, the tiles aren’t inferior to flooring made of natural stone or wood.
However ideal this material is, it isn’t devoid of downsides.
The primary disadvantages of synthetic laminate can include:
- The high cost. The product, which may last more than a dozen decades is expensive, but in operation, these costs are certain to pay off;
- low prices of sound insulation.
So far, tile under the laminate is produced of two types: ceramic and porcelain stoneware. The very first variant of the coat is obtained by the technology of monocottura.
This sort of product is characterized by high strength, resistance to moisture https://1popechi.ru/ and vapors, well withstands mechanical loads.
Additionally, the ceramic flooring is frost-resistant, but its external coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
In terms of porcelain stoneware, it’s produced of special types of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of pure stone. The end result is a durable and beautiful finishing material.
The two kinds of boards just replicate the proportions and dimensions of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but sometimes square ones are readily available.